Last Updated on
Serves 4, takes 30 to prepare and cook
300g spaghetti or linguine
2 tbsp chilli pesto
2 tsp olive oil
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp crushed garlic
300g button mushrooms, sliced
50g slow-roasted/sun-blushed tomatoes, chopped
1/2 small green cabbage, shredded
4 tbsp white wine
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
2 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
1. Boil pasta according to pack instructions.
2. Heat oil in another pan and cook onion until soft. Add garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes and cook for about 5mins. Add the cabbage and wine and cook for a further 3-4mins until cabbage is wilting.
3. Drain pasta, return to the pan and add the pesto – toss together
4. Add the vegetables and toss, seasoning with black pepper.
5. Serve and scatter chopped walnuts over the top with a little chopped parsley
Seb is a writer and blogger of food and nutrition. He holds a bachelors and a masters degree in nutrition science, and has studied sports and exercise nutrition at postgraduate level. He specialises in plant-based nutrition and believes passionately that we can all live with a little less meat. He writes for www.veggieandspice.com and www.itsaboutnutrition.com